When life is turned upside down….

the yr my life brokeTITLE = THE YEAR MY LIFE BROKE

AUTHOR = JOHN MARSDEN

GENRE = SCHOOL, SPORT, FRIENDSHIP, FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS

INTEREST LEVEL = YEARS 7-8

Josh has always loved sport. At his old school he was a sporting champion and often captained school sides. In fact, he may even have been school captain this year…if he was still at his old school. But life has changed drastically for Josh and his family: his parents’ financial crisis has forced them to move to a crummy house in a crummy town and now Josh is the new kid in a crummy school.

Josh decides to start afresh; rather than be sports mad again, he wants to sample life without his beloved cricket. But this might just put him on the outer with the other boys in his year level and with the PE teacher in particular. How will they react when they discover that Josh has been hiding his talent??

Is there more to life than cricket? And is there more to this town and more to his new school than Josh has been willing to see?

A story about sport, friendship and family with plenty of action and entertainment.

Selected as a Notable book for the 2014 CBCA Book of the Year (Younger Readers)

Recommended (dma) ****

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!