A thriller set in a small Italian village

TITLE = I’M NOT SCARED

AUTHOR = NICCOLO AMMANITI

GENRE = GROWING UP, MYSTERY, FAMILY

INTEREST LEVEL = YEARS 10, 11

It is a long hot summer in the small village in Italy which young Michele calls home. There are only 4 dwellings in the village and the few children tend to roam around the surrounding hillsides for amusement. It is whilst out with his friends that Michele comes across a hole which appears to hold a body. Closer inspection by 9 yo Michele proves that the body is that of a young boy who is being kept captive.

Michele keeps his discovery a secret from his friends. But just as he is ready to turn to his parents for help, he discovers that they, and all the other adults in the village) are involved in the kidnapping of this boy.  With the introduction of other adults who are mean and bullies, Michele realises that his life is in danger, too, not just the hostage boys. Who can a 9 yo turn to for help .. or should he just forget about the youngster?? Is he wiling to risk his own life for the sake of a boy he barely knows??

A compelling drama with enough twists and turns in the plot to keep readers on the edge of their seats.

Highly Recommended (dma)*****

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!