More exciting seafaring action

TITLE = SHIP KINGS 2: The Voyage of the Unquiet Ice

AUTHOR = ANDREW McGAHAN

GENRE = ADVENTURE, ACTION, FANTASY, HORROR

INTEREST LEVEL = YEARS 7 AND UP

This second instalment in the Ship Kings quartet, is every bit as exciting as the first. There is again a sense of dread and fear lurking in the wings as Dow struggles to stay alive and free. He may have gained his dream of living and working on a sailing ship but has this dream come at too great a cost? Will a voyage to the icy edges of the world provide answers or more danger and possible loss of life?

Apart from the ever present dangers of the sea, Dow is also facing more personal dangers, especially when he seeks to find out more about the intriguing  scapegoat girl, Nell. We learn more about the back stories of some of the key characters in this book and Dow is put to the test yet again. Full of adventure and seafaring action – and moving human stories too.

Another great read – and readers will be excited to know that there is more action and suspense expected in the next eagerly awaited volume in this dense, beautifully written seafaring adventure story.

Highly Recommended (dma) *****

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!

2 thoughts on “More exciting seafaring action”

1. I’ve read the first one and now this. I loved them both even though they cnfused me at times. I cant wait for the next one to come out!