A hilariously funny series of books about friendship & growing up

TITLE =DON’T CALL ME ISHMAEL!

AUTHOR =MICHAEL GERARD BAUER

GENRE =HUMOUR, GROWING UP, SCHOOL LIFE, BULLYING, RELATIONSHIPS

INTEREST LEVEL = YEARS 9 AND UP

Check out the booktrailer below to find out more about the first book in this great series… then do yourself a favour and read it (but not on public transport because you are sure to laugh out loud …)

No wonder this book was shortlisted in 2007 for the CBCA Book of the Year. And it is great to see that the series is ending on a high too: “Ishmael and the Hoops of Steel” (the 3rd and final book) has been shortlisted in 2012 for the same award (Older Readers).

Highly Recommended (dma) *****

Music “Coquetry” by McKenzie Stubbert (taken from the Animoto site). All text created by dma.

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!

One thought on “A hilariously funny series of books about friendship & growing up”

1. I’m reading this book at the moment!
    I love it, It is hilarious. I know I’m not supposed to take pleasure in other peoples’ miseries. Sorry Ishmael! But, it is absolutely funny. I love the character’s personalities and the way he copes with everything. I also like the new teacher. “Her dimples are bullets” what a great metaphor?
    Recommend it to all readers!