Action and romance a sure fire hit!

TITLE = THE HUNGER GAMES

AUTHOR = SUZANNE COLLINS

GENRE = ACTION, ADVENTURE, FUTURE

INTEREST LEVEL = YEARS 7 AND

An exciting story set in a rather grim future – where even reality shows that are screened nationally appear to be a fight to the death. A strong female lead character, plenty of compelling action, twists and turns in the game play and just a touch of romance, ensure that this book will be enjoyed by teen boys and girls.

A fuller review can be found here.

Check out the book trailer below:

(Music by Mike Gallagher: “Free to fly”. Images and music provided from the Animoto site. Text by dma)

Why not check out the sequels to this book, too. A review of “Catching Fire” can be found here and one of ‘Mockingjay” can be found here.

Highly Recommended (dma) *****

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!

36 thoughts on “Action and romance a sure fire hit!”

1. this is the best book i have ever read. it has something for everyone. a little romance a little adventure and alot, of ACTION!!!!!!
    if you ever want a book thats out there and gives you a jolt of excitment, this is it. I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD TOO!!!!

READ THE HUNGER GAMES, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. i love this book. i was a bit reluctent to read it at first but i’m really glad i did. it was gory without being gory and had a really good storyline. I loved it 🙂

3. my friend keeley is forcing me to do this -_-
    but i did love the book. my favourite character was gale.The fact that a peoson has to go into the games even if they didnt want to kinda freeked me out tho. it just shows that the districs had no free will

4. this is a great movie and an even better book i suggest you read the book before you see the movie

5. I read the book a while ago and just watched the movie…
    …Both were AMAZING!!!
    The Hunger Games are full of action, a little adventure and for the girls romance!
    i would most definitely recommend reading the book before watching the movie as it can be a little violent and the movie will come as less of a shock if you have an idea of what happens.
    please please please everyone Must either watch or red THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!

6. God the hunger games is the best book ever! The film is great too if you’re going to the movies over the holidays i suggest the hunger games

7. We just saw The Hungers Games movie and it is so amazing. I so got scared when that mutt werewolf thing jumped at the sreeen.

p.s. I feel so sorry for Gale

8. After watching the movie i really want to read the second book. the movie had enough exciment for people to enjoy watching it but enough grousomeness to make all the boys love it

9. i read the book and then watched the movie. IT IS SO MUCH BETTER TO READ THE BOOK FIRST, SO THEN YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. YOU’LL LIKE KATNISS FOR HER BRAVERY AND DETERMINATIO, YOU’LL LIKE HAYMITCH FOR HIS HUMOR AND DRUNKENESS AND YOU’LL LOVE PEETA FOR HIS LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO GLAD I WATCHED THE MOVIE!!!!! THERE ARE SENCES FOR EVERYONE. HONESTLY. YOU’LL JUMP, YOU’LL CRY AND YOU’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH KATNISS, HAYMITCH, RUE AND DEFINATLY PEETA!! WATCH AND READ THE HUNGER GAMES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU’LL LOVE IT. I GAURENTEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I just went to see this movie. It was really good and stuck mainly to the book. The parts that they didn’t put in didn’t matter that much but they could of put in some of it like the loss of a certain leg. But it was really good and I’m definitely recommending going to see it.

11. Went and saw the movie today and it was absolutely fantastic!!!
    It is an awesome book and FANTASTIC movie!
    Highly recommend you read the book before you see the movie!!!
    Dont know what Jamoas talking about!!!
    The book definitely relates to the movie!!!

The best movie i have ever seen and go see it if you think Josh Hutcherson is a hotty!!!

PEETA IS AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Hunger games is one of the best books i have read. My favourite characters are Katniss, Peeta, Cinna and Gale. At first when i read the book i thought Peeta was really bad, but it turned out he was doing a favour for Katniss. The movie kind of, skipped some parts (eg: avox girl). I really enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to reading book 2 and book 3.

13. I didnt like the hunger games and I wont be reading the book. The movie was good, i just didnt like it.

14. loved the movie it was a good take on the book the people played the characters great..
    p.s
    i feel so sorry for Gale

15. The Hunger game was really cool movie. It has wonderful image, and the actress-sorry I don’t know her name-represents Katniss’s feeling. So I can concentrate on the movie. But the only defect is unskillfullness CG. Sometimes it seems even funny. But Hunger Games is still such a good movie. I’m pretty satisfied about its result, and I want to see them one more time if I can:)

16. i thought the movie was amazing and the book was amazing to
    i thought the actors captured the charecters from the book awesomly
    my rating of movie 10/10

17. After a few years of movies being disappointing The Hunger Games has done a pretty good job. For the first time ever I couldn’t put a book down. The stroy was gripping and brillient. The movie did really well with keeping to the book but as a book lover books will always win. I would recommend this to a more older teen audience.

18. The movie was great even the second time round.
    i looked over at my friend and she was crying.
    READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU SEE THE MOVIE!

19. Agree with everyone else cos i cant be bothered to type out what i said again xxx
    Go The Hunger Games!!!

20. Wow! The Hunger Games is really amazing! Its got the right amount of action, adventure and romance. If you have not read The Hunger Games I recommend you do because it is a real page turner!

21. Hunger games is a thrilling book that got me covered the whole time. I love archery and it was included in the movie and the book. Katniss is a brave sister who does anything for her sister. Reccomend it for all!!!