Alice Pung excites her audience

DSCF2868Today was a great day out at the local library with our Book Club. Alice Pung was the visiting author who we went to see. I liked that she was honest about everything. I liked her book “Unpolished Gem” because it was true and she was brave.  Michelle

We went to our local library today. We had Maccas for lunch. I liked hearing Alice Pung. I enjoyed the way she wrote her book “Unpolished Gem” and how it was totally true. I learnt that her family came from a very distorted third world country and they went through hardship. LK

Today we went with book Club to the public library to see Alice Pung and she was great. She was very truthful about her life. I Learned from reading parts of her book that it would be hard living in a different country. I liked that her book was about her life. EM

DSCF2870When we listened to Alice Pung today we learned that she has a funny dad and a snot sucking Grandmother (she did this when Alice’s baby brother had a cold, so he could still drink). Alice also told us that Cambodia had its hard times. There is some good humour in her book and it is all true and realistic.  Lauren

unpolished_gem

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!