Visit to Melbourne's gracious State Library

STATE LIBRARY VISIT

In the last week of Term 2, Junior and Senior Book Clubbers and Library Monitors travelled to Melbourne to visit the State Library of Victoria. Here are some of the student responses to that most enjoyable visit:

“The State Library is very, very, very much nicer than the Ballarat Library; it is a completely different experience, like eating some sand and then having some vanilla coke.” Ester

“At the State Library, the view over the LaTrobe Reading Room was wonderful. The Chess Room was fun as we all got to play chess. The whole experience was enjoyable.” Lauren

latrobe reading room

“The State Library was massive and a really cool old building. It has an awesome Reading Room and a nice, quiet place to think. Really interesting … and all the old books they have are pretty amazing. Definitely want to go there again.” Kim and Abbey

“We saw Ned Kelly’s armour and one of his boots (the other one has been lost) and we danced along the mural. We saw the most amazing book ever, which was the size of my thumbnail. We also went to Experimedia to use computers and play with this awesome mirror. Ester & Rohan made Ned Kelly helmets.” Natalie

“Experimedia was the best part of the State Library with Wii and X-box and PlayStation 2 and a massive play area.” Grace

“Great day …the best part was when we got to play Wii in Experimedia.” Reece

“The State Library was very interesting. I most liked the beautiful architecture and I learnt how to play Wii.” Emily

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!