Welcome to the reading room

Hello fellow booklovers! Welcome to the reading room – the place where you can share your thoughts on new books, old books, authors you love (or not) and other reading related activities.

To get us started, I will share some news from our Junior Book Club. Term 3 has been a really busy time for us. We began the term with a Desert Island Reading project – sharing our list of books that we MUST have if we were stranded on a desert island. Meanwhile we were also busy reading the short-listed books for this year’s cbca “Book of the Year” awards. During Book Week we had lots of fun activities in our library – from treasure hunts to book quizzes to Guess the Author to a fun debate between staff and students (about books, of course)! The week culminated in a Book Banquet which has become a bit of a tradition here – on the last friday, at lunchtime the Book Clubbers have a fun lunch in the Library (which is closed to other users) – we talk about the cbca books… eat and drink… and play book related games.

The following week, the Book Clubbers took a bus to Melbourne to attend the Melbourne Writers Festival where we attended sessions with John Flanagan and Emily Rodda. But I will let our students share their stories about this event with you in our next post.

Published by

booklover

I am a teacher-librarian in a government school. I love reading and talking about books ... to anyone who will listen!